View 2016 celebrated the 50th anniversary of the George Hicks Foundation. It was a community wide event that brought together the community partners of the GHF based on the Mornington Peninsula. Each organisation set up a stall as part of the ‘market square’, the products being their organisational information and offerings. The point was to provide an opportunity for members of the public to learn more about the community organisations in the region, the issues they are responding to and how. It was a chance for people to mix with those thy might not usually mix with, to learn about issues that so often go under the radar and to see how they could get involved.
We also held informal community conversations expertly facilitated by Genevieve Timmons (Philanthropic Executive, Portland House) and Natalie Elliott (Program Manager, Equity Trustees) that gave visitors the opportunity to speak in conversation with community organisation representatives about the detail of their work.
Host Ian Hicks (GHF Chair) guided visitors through his wonderful sculpture park, children worked on their clay models and everyone enjoyed the magnificent view and gorgeous food generously provided by Peter Rowlands Catering.
This was a wonderful event to celebrate the GHF by celebrating the work of our MP community partners.
Thank you to everyone for making View2016 a great success.
Thank you to our wonderful community partners
- Advance Learning, Hastings
- Brotherhood of St Laurence
- Caroline Chisholm Education Foundation
- Clothes4U, Rosebud
- Crib Point Primary School
- Food for All
- Good Shepherd
- Mornington Community Support and Information Centres
- Mums Supporting Families in Need
- Peninsula Transport Assist
- Rosebud Artists
- Rosebud Secondary College
- Second Bite
- Shine for Kids
- Southern Peninsula Community Support and Information Centre (SPCSIC)
- St Vincent de Paul, Rye Chapter
- Ties for Lives
- Tootgarook Primary School
- Westernport Community Support and Information Centre
- Westernport Secondary College
- YMCA, Southern Peninsula
Thank you to our sponsors:
- Applied International
- Kay and Burton
- Merricks General Store
- Navigate Communications
- Peter Rowland Catering